What are Air Socks?
Air socks are a form of diffuser that use a duct made out of fabric material to deliver air into a room. The sock diffuser is made from Flame Retardant Polyester material and delivers the air into the room via a variety of methods (Micro-perforations diffusers, laser cut perforations or fabric nozzles) depending upon the application and how far we want the air to travel and the velocity needed in the occupied zone.
How do Air Sox work?
An air sock air ventilation system inflates using the external static pressure created by the fan from the Air Handling Unit or Evaporator Unit, using this energy to maintain a shape and deliver the air through the air duct and into the occupied zone (or process). In order to ensure that the air vent ducting delivers the correct velocity we have software that creates air flow graphics for each unique air sock system showing how far the air travels and its velocity as an air pattern.
What are the benefits of using Air Socks for ventilation?
Air Socks from Prihoda are one of the most innovative air vent duct products on the market. Offering a cost effective purchase cost and fast installation time alongside superb performance in air delivery as the air socks have a large amount of surface area in the room which allows delivery of air equally and efficiently all over the space. The air sock material is rugged and long lasting and comes with a 10 year warranty.
What features are available with a Prihoda Air Sock System?
As well as a range of diffusers to choose from and excellent product quality we can also provide noise data tables in addition to air flow graphics which have been tailored for each application. There are 9 stock colours from which to choose from (at no additional cost) plus our Prihoda Art service where one can choose any colour, graphic, pattern or logo to be printed on to the duct surface to create any look of feel within the installation space. Materials are available for a range of applications and specifications including our 100% recycled material made exclusively from post consumer recycled plastic water bottles.
Which applications are best suited to an Air Sock system?
Because Air Socks are all designed and manufactured on a custom basis it is fair to say that almost any application is suitable for an air sock system. Systems particularly suited would include..
- Food manufacturing facilities (low air velocity for chilled air and easy maintenance)
- Laboratories (make up air at low velocity for fume cupboards and easily cleanable)
- Large open architecture spaces (more cost effective than traditional ducting and better air distribution)
- Retail premises (accurate air patterns, cost effective and great branding/promotional opportunities with Prihoda Art
- Sports halls (large flexible ducts good at distributing air evenly – even in badminton courts)
- Swimming pools (material unaffected by chlorinated environment – no need to protect – more cost effective and opportunity to use Prihoda Art for branding /aesthetics
- Any one off bespoke architectural space (All designed bespoke with a range of shapes, colours, printing options, suspension solutions etc)