What are air socks?
Air socks from Prihoda are one of the most innovative air diffusion products on the market. Also known as fabric socks, ducting or textile diffusers, they are a form of diffuser that uses a duct made out of fabric material to deliver air into a space.
A Prihoda sock diffuser is made from flame retardant polyester material and delivers the air into the room via a variety of methods (micro-perforation diffusers, laser cut perforations or fabric nozzles) depending upon the application. The choice is influenced by how far we want the air to travel and the velocity needed in the occupied zone.
What are the benefits of using air socks for ventilation?
Air socks offer a cost-effective purchase price and a fast installation time. Alongside this, a superb performance in air delivery is achieved, as the air socks have a large amount of surface area in the room, allowing delivery of air equally and efficiently all over the space. The air sock material is rugged and long-lasting and comes with a 10-year warranty.
Which applications are best suited to an air sock system?
Because all our air socks are designed and manufactured on a custom basis, it is fair to say that almost any application is suitable for an air sock system. Ventilation systems particularly suited would include:
- Food manufacturing facilities – low air velocity for chilled air, easy maintenance
- Laboratories – make up air at low velocity for fume cupboards, easily cleanable
- Large open architecture spaces – more cost-effective than traditional ducting, better air distribution
- Retail premises – accurate air patterns, cost-effective, great branding and promotional opportunities with Prihoda Art
- Sports halls – large flexible ducts good at distributing air evenly, even in badminton courts
- Swimming pools – material unaffected by chlorinated environment (no need to protect), more cost-effective, opportunity to use Prihoda Art for branding and aesthetics
- Any one off bespoke architectural space – always custom designed with a range of shapes, colours, printing options, suspension solutions, etc.
What features are available with a Prihoda air sock ventilation system?
- A range of diffusers chosen to suit your application
- Excellent product quality
- 10-year warranty
- Airflow graphics which have been tailored for each application
- 9 stock colours from which to choose, at no additional cost
- Our Prihoda Art service – choose any colour, graphic, pattern, or logo to be printed onto the duct surface to create any look or feel within the installation space.
- Materials are available for a range of applications and specifications, including our 100% recycled material made exclusively from post-consumer recycled plastic water bottles.
How do Fabric air socks work?
An air sock air ventilation system inflates using the external static pressure created by the fan from the air handling unit, fan coil unit or evaporator fans. It uses this energy to maintain its shape and deliver the air through the fabric duct and into the occupied zone (or process).
To ensure that the textile ducting delivers the correct velocity, we have software that creates airflow graphics for each unique fabric air sock system, showing how far the air travels and its velocity as an air pattern.
Any questions? Please contact us
T: 0121 320 2496 | E: email@example.com